The following step-by-step instructions will help you getting started developing UCWA apps against our developer sandbox.
Downloading and Extracting the Samples
- Extract the files to a directory on your local machine
- Configure a Web Server such as IIS on your local machine to serve the files.
In order to view your tokens, please make sure you are signed in.
Running the Samples
You can either run the samples against your private Lync Server 2013 install or you can use the developer sandbox that we've provided for you on the GotUC.net server. The following instructions apply to the GotUC.net sandbox.
- Access the files from a browser under http://localhost/path/to/samples.
- Click on "The developer sandbox"
- Enter the domain "metio.net" (without quotes)
- Copy one of the OAuth tokens (including the word Bearer) into the Token field.
- Click Login
You will see the application go through Auto Discover and create an application. The samples can be used to explore and learn how to code against the API. You can use various tracing and debugging tools to view HTTP protocol traffic between the sample and the UCWA service.
The left column distinguishes Modules from Tasks. The Modules are the helper libraries (i.e. the boilerplate), whereas the Tasks make use of the helper libraries to perform a specific activity (e.g. get the presence of a contact).
If you are new to UCWA, we suggest you take a look at these two introductory videos:
If you are ready to get started, we suggest the following documentation sections: